Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Will watching silly shows result in sillier paintings?

I wonder how much ones work is influenced by what one is watching or listening to. I can look at a finished painting of mine weeks later and remember what I was listening to and/or watching(usually stuff on my ipad via netflix) Will a painting be sillier whilst watching Parks and Recreation? Will something have a more serious feel if listening to classical music or a talk radio show with a dark subject matter? The following pieces were done while watching Louis C.K. and Parks and Recreation. 








1 comment:

  1. Love your work! I found your blog via Kim Murton and Cathie Joy Young. Re: classical music - it all depends on whether you listen to Eric Satie, Mahler, Copland or Alfred Schnittke. There's a very wide spectrum of sounds and moods out there.

    ReplyDelete